I started making this smoothie for my coffee-loving husband who didn’t want to stop drinking said coffee in the morning when I handed him an icy cold green smoothie. Compromise! It’s simple, nutritious, not too cold, not at all earthy or “green” tasting, and yes, caffeinated!
What you’ll need:
- 1 scoop Sunwarrior mocha protein powder
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee (regular or decaf), or sub half of the liquid from cold brew coffee
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 fistfull of fresh or frozen greens (you won’t know they’re in there, promise)
- 1 tablespoon flax, chia, or hemp seeds (or a blend of all 3)
- 1 scoop of Vital Proteins collagen peptides (optional)
What you’ll do:
Load up your blender starting with the greens, then the dry ingredients (protein powder, seeds, and instant coffee), then the liquid. Blend until smooth and enjoy!